Posted to user@poi.apache.org by lcai <la...@hotmail.com> on 2008/05/01 14:52:29 UTC

Re: How dose POI [h]:mm:ss dataformat work?

Mahesh Ganapathy wrote:

> This how you can do it
>
> DateFormat df = *new* SimpleDateFormat("yyyy/MM");
> HSSFCell formatCell = valueRow.createCell((*short*) 0);
> *try*
> {
>    formatCell.setCellValue(df.parse(period));
>    formatCell.setCellStyle(m_dateStyle);
> }
>
> where m_dateStyle is defined as
>
> m_dateStyle = m_workbook.createCellStyle();
> m_dateStyle.setAlignment(HSSFCellStyle.*ALIGN_LEFT*);
> m_dateStyle.setVerticalAlignment(HSSFCellStyle.*VERTICAL_CENTER*);
> m_dateStyle.setDataFormat(HSSFDataFormat.*getBuiltinFormat*("mmm-yy"));
>
> Make sure that the SimpleDateFormat and the getBuiltinFormat (line above)
> match in the format you specify.

Thank you for your code, but it didn't work for me... I am trying parser
[h]:mm:ss, the hours here are
 longer then 24 hours, and in Java SimpleDateFormat dosen't support
[h]:mm:ss, it will roll over to 1 day.
But in POI Doc, it supports this kind of long hours dataformat. I don't know
how it works, when I gave it
the Java date object, it return me "613683:10:11"