Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sucheth S <su...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/10 16:59:58 UTC

Deserialize avro message without reader schema.

Hi,

I'm trying to deserialize avro messages from the kafka topic as a consumer.

As a kafka consumer, I do not want to hold the reader schema on my end.
Is there a way to deserialize avro messages to GenericRecord
without providing the reader schema ?

Regards,
Sucheth Shivakumar
website : https://sucheths.com
mobile : +1(650)-576-8050
San Mateo, United States

Re: Deserialize avro message without reader schema.

Posted by Yaroslav Tkachenko <ya...@goldsky.com>.
Hi Sucheth,

The short answer is no, when deserializing Avro messages you have to
provide the schema somehow, either directly or using the Schema Registry.

Posted by Антон <an...@yandex.ru>.
Hi,

What you mean by holding the schema? You don't have to hold it as schema
registry does it for you.

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile: http://m.ya.ru/ymail

Fwd: Deserialize avro message without reader schema.