Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by ssheth <ss...@ais.ucla.edu> on 2010/08/25 02:11:44 UTC

ServiceMix Tunning

I have installed ServiceMix 4.2. I don’t see conf directory and
 various files mentioned in the following document:
 http://servicemix.apache.org/docs/4.3-SNAPSHOT/docs/manual/single/

 I see various configuration files under SERVICEMIX_HOME/etc directory.
 I want to tune ServiceMix by using  smx.corePoolSize,
 smx.maximumPoolSize, smx.queueSize properties. Please let me know
 which file under etc directory do I need to change?

 My bundle uses "jaxws:server" component for running webservice on ESB.
Since I don't use any JBI component i there a way I can tuen jaxws:server
component?

Re: ServiceMix Tunning

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

My comment inline

On 2010-8-27, at 上午2:38, ssheth wrote:

> is there a way of tunning ServiceMix instead of individual JBI
> components?

No, I don't think there's  any universal way for tuning across all
bundles.
As different bundles may use totally different technology with
different underlying transport, they may not use JBI transport at all.
You need find out which technology it use and configure it accordingly.
> Configuration explained at
> http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Advanced+Jetty+Configuration
> is very confusing. I am not sure what version of PAX Web Server is
> used with
> ServiceMix 4.2
SMX 4.2 use pax web 0.7.2.

> Do I have to add configuration mentioned in the link for all the
> bundles I
> develop?

  As I said before, this configuration is only for those bundles which
use http-osgi transport, provided by pax-web(using jetty underlying)
in smx4 container.

Freeman

Freeman Fang

------------------------
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: ServiceMix Tunning

Re: ServiceMix Tunning

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
My comment inline
On 2010-8-25, at 上午8:11, ssheth wrote:

> I have installed ServiceMix 4.2. I don’t see conf directory and
> various files mentioned in the following document:
> http://servicemix.apache.org/docs/4.3-SNAPSHOT/docs/manual/single/
>
> I see various configuration files under SERVICEMIX_HOME/etc directory.
> I want to tune ServiceMix by using  smx.corePoolSize,
> smx.maximumPoolSize, smx.queueSize properties. Please let me know
> which file under etc directory do I need to change?

For JBI component thread pool configuration, let's say you want to
configure servicemix-cxf-se, then put
org.apache.servicemix.components.cxfse.cfg in SMX_HOME/etc folder,
edit
threadPoolCorePoolSize=what_you_want(default 8)
threadPoolMaximumPoolSize=what_you_want(default 32)
threadPoolQueueSize=what_you_want(default 256)
> My bundle uses "jaxws:server" component for running webservice on ESB.
> Since I don't use any JBI component i there a way I can tuen
> jaxws:server
> component?
This isn't JBI component so you can't use the upper way I show. But
I'm not sure  how your bundle use jaxws:server, which underlying
transport you are using? If the transport is http_osgi, you may need
take a look at advanced jetty configuration with pax-web[1]

[1]http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Advanced+Jetty+Configuration

Freeman

Freeman Fang