Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sunil Sheshadri <ss...@cisco.com> on 2004/07/13 11:15:58 UTC

Security access for portlets.

Hi,
I have some portlets to be shown only for admin users and some portlets to
be shown for all users. First time when user logs in, he should see his set
of default portlets for which he has access for and other portlets should
not be shown to him.

We changed xreg file and added <security role > and <security-ref parent>
for all portlets based on role. Also we updated turbine's psml with this
default psml so that user can see this as his home page.

Now when the user logs in with USER role, he is seeing only those portlets
which has user access, but other portlets which has admin access appears and
says that "You don't have permission to view this porlet".

How do we make sure that, the admin portlets are not displayed at all.....?

Any pointers??

Regards,
Sunil.

RE: Security access for portlets.

Posted by Anoop Sreenivasan <as...@cisco.com>.
Hi cyrille,
I am working with Sunil on the same project.

We have a default set of portlets and put it in the jetspeed_user_profile
table for the user "turbine".
Now each time a user logs in, this profile is copied over to the new row
created for him.

As the roles of the users may vary, those users who don’t have access will
see the portlets with the "you don’t have permission..." message. Now we
would like those users to not see those portlets at all.

Is there a way to specify different default psmls for different roles?

Regards,
Anoop

The problem (if i understand well) is that you request the portlet in the
psml of the user. And, as he doesn't have the rights to see them, you get
the "You don't have permission to view this porlet" error message.

Can't you just remove these portlets from the psml of the user role ?

Cyrille

Le mar 13/07/2004 à 11:15, Sunil Sheshadri a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have some portlets to be shown only for admin users and some
> portlets to be shown for all users. First time when user logs in, he
> should see his set of default portlets for which he has access for and
> other portlets should not be shown to him.
>
> We changed xreg file and added <security role > and <security-ref
> parent> for all portlets based on role. Also we updated turbine's psml
> with this default psml so that user can see this as his home page.
>
> Now when the user logs in with USER role, he is seeing only those
> portlets which has user access, but other portlets which has admin
> access appears and says that "You don't have permission to view this
> porlet".
>
> How do we make sure that, the admin portlets are not displayed at
> all.....?
>
> Any pointers??
>
> Regards,
> Sunil.

  __  ___    _  _  _    ___
 / /_(_ _)_ / \| \| |__(_ _)
| | _ | |-_) - |    / -_) |
 \_\__|_|_\|_|_|_|\_\___|_|
Cyrille GACHOT

Re: Security access for portlets.

Posted by Cyrille GACHOT <cy...@cotranet.com>.
Hi,

The problem (if i understand well) is that you request the portlet in
the psml of the user. And, as he doesn't have the rights to see them,
you get the "You don't have permission to view this porlet" error
message.

Can't you just remove these portlets from the psml of the user role ?

Cyrille

Le mar 13/07/2004 à 11:15, Sunil Sheshadri a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have some portlets to be shown only for admin users and some portlets to
> be shown for all users. First time when user logs in, he should see his set
> of default portlets for which he has access for and other portlets should
> not be shown to him.
>
> We changed xreg file and added <security role > and <security-ref parent>
> for all portlets based on role. Also we updated turbine's psml with this
> default psml so that user can see this as his home page.
>
> Now when the user logs in with USER role, he is seeing only those portlets
> which has user access, but other portlets which has admin access appears and
> says that "You don't have permission to view this porlet".
>
> How do we make sure that, the admin portlets are not displayed at all.....?
>
> Any pointers??
>
> Regards,
> Sunil.

Cyrille GACHOT