Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Venkat S <ve...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/24 16:26:19 UTC

Code Contribution

Hi,
I have subscribed to this community recently. I am interested to do code
contribution for *BIG DATA* projects.

Can You please provide way to contribute, because I couldn't find any links.

Regards,
Venkatesan

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Code Contribution

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
You should find an area you like and get involved directly with that
project community.

As an example, if you would like to contribute new extensions to
Spark/Flink, you could get involved with Apache Bahir, and the following is
the project get involved page which provides pointers to project mailing
list, source code repositories, etc

http://bahir.apache.org/community/

There is also a detailed page aimed to areas you might be able to contribute

http://bahir.apache.org/contributing/

Hope that helps.

Thanks

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Venkat S <ve...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have subscribed to this community recently. I am interested to do code
> contribution for *BIG DATA* projects.
>
> Can You please provide way to contribute, because I couldn't find any
> links.
>
> Regards,
> Venkatesan

> source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> Virus-free.
> source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: Code Contribution

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Would also like to point out that your participation in this thread has
been rude because it took focus away from the original topic of discussion.
I hope it was unintentional.

Re: Code Contribution

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Eric,
Users of this mailing list are free to ask whatever they want to, so long
as it relates to Apache community. Not all topics can be anticipated, but
you can check archives of mailing lists before joining. Please take a
moment to understand how mailing lists work to avoid such things from
happening to you in the future.
-Ishan

Re: Code Contribution

Posted by Eric Barbieri <1e...@gmail.com>.