Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Graham Klyne <gr...@oucs.ox.ac.uk> on 2005/10/25 14:03:13 UTC

How to run pluto 1.1 test suite?

Time for another dumb question.

Having installed Pluto 1.1, how do i run the test suite.  The URI that
worked for Pluto 1.0 (http://localhost:8080/pluto/portal) simply returns
a message 404 "The requested resource (/pluto/portal) is not available.".

#g

--
Graham Klyne
Research Technology Service

Re: How to run pluto 1.1 test suite?

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Not a dumb question - just dumb documentation that's still being flushed
out!!!!!

Currently the wars being generated are named pluto-portal.war and
pluto-testsuite.war. Because of this, if they are deployed without a
descriptor specifying the deployment to another context, tomcat will
automatically deploy them to the contexts /pluto-portal and
/pluto-testsuite.

(I believe Craig may have renamed the testsuite war final name with a patch
yesterday).

Another possibility would be to use the context deployment descriptor (which
is allready required to specify cross-context functionality) to define the
contexts as /pluto and /testsuite. This is my personal preference.

David

Posted by Graham Klyne <gr...@oucs.ox.ac.uk>.
Craig Doremus wrote:
> Graham:
> This is not a dumb question. The automated installation instructions is
> missing a key step: pluto-util/pom.xml needs the installationDirectory
> element to be set to the
> directory where Tomcat 5.5 is installed before running the 'mvn
> pluto:install' command.
> /Craig
>
>> Time for another dumb question.
>>
>> Having installed Pluto 1.1, how do i run the test suite.  The URI that
>> worked for Pluto 1.0 (http://localhost:8080/pluto/portal) simply returns
>> a message 404 "The requested resource (/pluto/portal) is not available.".

Er, thanks, but I already did that.  I should have been clearer that
this message was *after* the other message detailing the installation
steps I followed.

It appears that Pluto is not startimng up properly on my system -- see
other message for details.  I'll send this and keep digging.

#g

Posted by Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>.
Graham: