Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/11/03 19:53:52 UTC

Slight re-work of Xalan components in JIRA

I've reworked the components in JIRA for XalanJ2 slightly.

I wanted to do this earlier but there was a bug in JIRA, but it's done now.

I  changed some component names slightly so that no component name has
whitespaces in it. I did this so that in the JIRA issue viewer, and
elsewhere,  it would be easier to visually parse which components an issue
is in. For example was "Xalan interpretive parser" one component or more (
e.g.  "Xalan interpretive" and "parser" )?

The two major components XSLTC and Xalan-interpretive are  generic and are
intended to be used in combination with other components. If, for example,
there is a bug when parsing a stylesheet with XSLTC, it should be opened
with components XSLTC and parse-or-compile.   If, for example, there is a
bug when parsing a stylesheet with the interpretive processor, it should be
opened with the components Xalan-interpretive and parse-or-compile.