Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Danielle Vella <Da...@entrust.com> on 2003/03/28 15:40:29 UTC

Proper use of getElementById in Xerces 1.4.4

Hi,

I'm trying to sign the body of a SOAP message and to do this, I would like
to make use of the org.w3c.dom.Document.getElementById(String id) method.  I
am able to perform a validating parse on the document corresponding to the
XML snippet below, but getElementById("body") returns null.  Has anybody
encountered this problem before?  Since wsu:Id is of type "ID", I would
expect this to work.  By the way, I'm pretty sure the wsu schema is being
validated because I've tried violating this schema inside the SOAP Body and
I'm unable to parse with validation in this case.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
	xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope"
	xmlns:wsu="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/utility"