Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Furash Gary <fu...@mcao.maricopa.gov> on 2007/05/18 16:41:04 UTC

Just point me in the right direction...

I've had no trouble building XML/SOAP messages by hand and doing the
calls using service client.  However, I'm befuddled by the bizzarely
complicated stub that WSDL2JAVA created - it looks hundreds of times
more complicated than the actual SOAP message itself, and it doesn't
look like the examples in on the web (e.g., it's got some weird factory
methods, but no newInstance(), it returns some odd looking things in the
response that don't have getters for the soap elements).

Can someone point me to the documentation that explains how to read/use
the resulting structure?  I used the ADB (or whatever the heck that is)
as the default.  If I'd get clearer results, I'm happy to use XML beans.

Thanks.  I'll post the response on my blog so there's some permanent
documentation about it.

Gary

Re: Just point me in the right direction...

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
Which version are you using? Does this help?

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/app_server.html

Robert

Posted by Furash Gary <fu...@mcao.maricopa.gov>.
Thanks.

I actually found the XMLBeans structures easier to deal with.  I've only
used DOM4J and stuff like that before - XMLBeans, once you generate
them, seem to make for a very easy to manipulate set of classes.

Sure, please use "-d xmlbeans" if you like to work with xmlbeans.
tradeoff is xmlbeans is the slowest databinding that we support. You
don't need a newInstance with ADB, just use a new for the class itself.
If you find that ADB generated code is bad, please report the wsdl/xsd
in a JIRA issue.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.