Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Max Grigoriev <da...@mail.ru> on 2004/03/25 14:00:14 UTC

Component parameters problem

Hello Alls,

I've got a component
есть компонент
<component-specification class="com.clearview.feedback.web.component.reporter.Attach"
  allow-body="no" allow-informal-parameters="no">
  <description>attach document for reporter component</description>

  <parameter name="saveReport" default-value="true" direction="in"
    required="no" type="boolean"/>
  <parameter name="hiddenAttach" default-value="false" direction="in"
    required="no" type="boolean"/>
</component-specification>

There's a method for "hiddenAttach" parameter in this componemt:

public void setHiddenAttach(final boolean hiddenAttach) {
  getBean().setHiddenAttach(hiddenAttach);
}

And i describe  this component in my page:

<component id="AttachComp" type="AttachComp">
    <binding name="saveReport" expression="true"/>
    <binding name="hiddenAttach" expression="true"/>
 </component>

And there's strange situation - hiddenAttach parameter is setted only
once, when i come to this page again no parameter setted.

Is it bug or i do something wrong ?
--
Best regards,
 Max                          mailto:darkit@mail.ru

Re[4]: Component parameters problem

Posted by Max Grigoriev <da...@mail.ru>.
Hello Howard,

No, I've got this component only on this page.

HMLS> Could something else be updating the connected parameter property?

HMLS> --
HMLS> Howard M. Lewis Ship
HMLS> Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
HMLS> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
HMLS> http://howardlewisship.com

--
Best regards,
 Max                            mailto:darkit@mail.ru

RE: Re[2]: Component parameters problem

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.

http://howardlewisship.com

Posted by Max Grigoriev <da...@mail.ru>.
Hello Howard,

But when i visit page first time it has hiddenAttach = true, then i
logout and login again. And  this page has hiddenAttach = false
(default value) but its value should be true.

HMLS> Tapestry sees that the parameter binding is invariant and
HMLS> only sets it once. This is normal, an
HMLS> optimization to cut down on the amount of property setting that occurs.

HMLS> --
HMLS> Howard M. Lewis Ship
HMLS> Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
HMLS> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
HMLS> http://howardlewisship.com

HMLS> To unsubscribe, e-mail:

RE: Component parameters problem

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Tapestry sees that the parameter binding is invariant and only sets it once. This is normal, an