Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roland Roland <R_...@hotmail.com> on 2012/06/05 09:37:54 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2 -S -- More info ?

Dear all,

I have access to a server that serves more than 100 Virtual host.
sometimes i'm in need to find the specific conf file for let's say a
site that's x.y.domain.net

if i grep -ri x.y.domain.net ./ # it's going to take forever and degrade
the server performance as there's lots of small size under that dir.

So is there an apache command that shows the sites being served as well
as their aliases?

I know it's a newbie question so bear with me..

Thanks,

--Roland

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 -S -- More info ?

Posted by Filipe Cifali <ci...@gmail.com>.
How is your setup?

A normal "small" VPS won't be degrated with a grep only.

OS / Hardware / Command

2012/6/5 Roland Roland <R_...@hotmail.com>

> Dear all,
>
> I have access to a server that serves more than 100 Virtual host.
> sometimes i'm in need to find the specific conf file for let's say a site
> that's x.y.domain.net
>
> if i grep -ri x.y.domain.net ./ # it's going to take forever and degrade
> the server performance as there's lots of small size under that dir.
>
> So is there an apache command that shows the sites being served as well as
> their aliases?
>

> I know it's a newbie question so bear with me..
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Roland

[]'s

Filipe Cifali Stangler