Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2015/04/23 17:52:44 UTC

Two current articles

I have been sent these URLs for two current articles predicting doom and gloom for OpenOffice.  I echo them here for information.

News articles
http://www.datamation.com/open-source/is-openoffice-dying.html
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/203979-is-openoffice-dying

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Two current articles

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
On 04/23/2015 12:14 PM, jan i wrote:
> On 23 April 2015 at 17:52, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:
>
>> I have been sent these URLs for two current articles predicting doom and
>> gloom for OpenOffice.  I echo them here for information.
>>
>> News articles
>> http://www.datamation.com/open-source/is-openoffice-dying.html
>> http://www.extremetech.com/computing/203979-is-openoffice-dying
>>
> Thanks, being open has it´s drawbacks. The whole community participated in
> making the report, something I strongly prefer, and he
> used (against advice) not the final version, which is significantly
> different, but the version that fitted his message best.
>
> I do not believe being secret about our challenges is the right way, even
> though such articles are not pleasant reading. We will always have
> people who misuse drafts, but I am not prepared to make reports with only a
> little circle of people. We are an open community and I for one
> am proud that we dare discuss openly.
>
> The facts of the report are correct, they can be found by studying this ML.
>
> Instead of discussion how unfair life is, let us all, use this as a turning
> point, to get the activity levels up where they belong.
>
> I had a lot of positive input at apacheCON Austin, and it is my hope that
> some of it turn into realities.
>
> rgds
> jan I.
>

>> --