Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by marcinhosbt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/06 01:55:37 UTC

ViewTag exception

Hi people.

I getting the following error when trying to start the Tomcat 5.5 server. I
am using myfaces 1.1.3...

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com/sun/faces/taglib/jsf_core/ViewTag
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

I have read that when using myfaces, I can not add anything of sun, for
example de jsf-api and jsf-impl. I have done this, but the error remains.

Also, I have read that I have to delete anything related to sun...

My web.xml:

<web-app id="WebApp_ID">
	<display-name>ICARE-GUI</display-name>

	<context-param>
		<param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
		<param-value>.jsf</param-value>
	</context-param>

	<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
	</listener>

	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

	<servlet>
		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>

	<servlet-mapping>
		<url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

	<welcome-file-list>
		<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
		<welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
		<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
	</welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

My libs:

You can see the print screen of Eclipse in the following image...

http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~hp/libs.jpg

Do I have to delete something else? Or do I have to add something like the
tld files?

Actually, I did not run myfaces yet. I have solved the ConfigureListener
problem... but another problem came up (this one).

Thank you very much... :)

Re: ViewTag exception

Posted by marcinhosbt <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am so sorry Mike...!!!

I forgot to tell you that I have renamed the "myfaces" files to "jsf". So
those files in the JPG *ARE NOT* from JSF... They actually are from MyFaces
(I have just renamed them in order to maintain the compatibility with my
WTP/Eclipse configurations). Sorry about that...!

Can you see another jar that needs to be removed? Or another one that should
be added, since the error consists of some class not found?

Is there something else that I can configure in the web.xml in order to
remove such error? Something like to configure the web.xml to use the
ViewTag from org.apache instead sun?

Thank you very much...

Marcio.

Re: ViewTag exception