Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sniadach, Tomasz" <Sn...@makdata.de> on 2004/02/12 16:41:10 UTC

html:button and Javascript

Hello ,
i have a problem with the html:button tag.
i have a string in my JSP, this is an action, now i have to use a button
to link to the action.
I tryed:
but it does not work.
What is wrong ?
Thanks for help

Tomek

Re: html:button and Javascript

Posted by Rahul Mohan <ra...@pune.tcs.co.in>.
u cant nest tags like this....

try this:

<% String onClickString = "location.href" + myString; %>
        property="send"
        onclick="<%=onClickString>" />

another way u can do this is by using html_rt tags:
<html_rt: button
        property="send"
        onclick="<%='location.href'+mystring%>"/>

i am not sure abt the second one especially the quotes...u can give it try