Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2012/05/04 23:11:44 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Giraph to a TLP

All,
   Giraph has been been in incubator for the last year and I think it
is ready to graduate. It has added 5 committers from a variety of
organizations, has substantially grown the project's code and
community, and has made an Apache release. The community has voted to
become a TLP: http://bit.ly/Jy1ohf. The results of the vote where:
mentor: +2, project: +6, other: +2.

Is Giraph ready to graduate?

-- Owen

Here's the resolution that has been agreed to by the community:

## Resolution to create a TLP from graduating Incubator podling

 X. Establish the Apache Giraph Project

    open-source software related to a highly scaleable, fault-tolerant,
    Bulk Synchronous Parallel (BSP)-based graph processing framework
    for distribution at no charge to the public.

    Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Giraph Project",
    Foundation; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache Giraph Project be and hereby is
    related to a distributed computing graph processing framework;
    and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Giraph" be
    and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
    serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
    of the Apache Giraph Project, and to have primary responsibility
    for management of the projects within the scope of
    responsibility of the Apache Giraph Project; and be it further

    Apache Giraph Project:

    * Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>
    * Claudio Martella <cl...@apache.org>
    * Dmitriy V. Ryaboy <dv...@apache.org>
    * Eugene Joseph Koontz <ek...@apache.org>
    * Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>
    * Jakob Homan <jg...@apache.org>
    * Jake Mannix <jm...@apache.org>
    * Christian Kunz <ku...@apache.org>
    * Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>
    * Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Avery Ching
    be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Giraph, to
    serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
    death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
    or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Giraph PMC be and hereby is
    tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
    encourage open development and increased participation in the
    Apache Giraph Project; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache Giraph Project be and hereby
    Incubator Giraph podling; and be it further

    Incubator Giraph podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
    Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Giraph to a TLP

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1, the Giraph community has been doing great and good luck guys!

(binding)

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Giraph to a TLP

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

That's my understanding as well: http://markmail.org/message/rxroucqrf4wowox7

> Is Giraph ready to graduate?

+1, yes

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Giraph to a TLP

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
With 4 binding +1's from the IPMC, I'll add the resolution to the board agenda.

-- Owen

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Giraph to a TLP

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Great effort, keep up the good work. +1! (binding)

Patrick