Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kirk Storer <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/22 21:05:19 UTC

PHP with cocoon?

I am working on converting a website the is currently
generated with PHP to using cocoon. I have several php
applications that are integrated into the webpages
(run each time the page is requested), for example
each page retrieves a news box from the mysql database
via php. Is there anyway to still use this php within
cocoon, and if not what direction do I need to head in
to recreate this functionality within cocoon?

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: PHP with cocoon?

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Kirk Storer wrote:

> I am working on converting a website the is currently
> generated with PHP to using cocoon. I have several php
> applications that are integrated into the webpages
> (run each time the page is requested), for example
> each page retrieves a news box from the mysql database
> via php. Is there anyway to still use this php within
> cocoon, and if not what direction do I need to head in
> to recreate this functionality within cocoon?

Kirk,

There's a PHPGenerator, but in the over two years I have been working with
Cocoon, I have never been able to get it working.  The PHPGenerator is only
useful if your PHP script generates XML.

If you're doing some MySQL stuff, take a look at the SQLTransformer, it's a
quick and generally easy way of creating a view out of an SQL query.

If you're doing things like controlling application flow based off data in your
SQL database, you should look into Cocoon's Flowscript.

Tony