Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by "Lu, Wentao" <We...@bchydro.com> on 2014/07/01 00:15:47 UTC

RE: memory leak on OpenCMIS bridge?

Hi Florian,

We are testing SimpleForwardingCmisService.java under "org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.bridge.httpsession.sample" package, so I guess it is HttpSession implementation.  Correct me if I am wrong, our current the architecture is 1 ESB->Load Balancer->2 OpenCMIS Bridge Servers->2 CMIS Servers, I am wondering if we enable cookies(session stickiness on LB), then all transactions could possible go to one OpenCMIS Bridge server only.

Our current session time is 5 minutes in web.xml, this may help to reduce the impact of "lots of unused HTTP session". I am thinking if we should reduce Chemistry client cache TTL from default 2 hours to shorter time or if it is possible we can disable client cache completely?

Thanks
Wentao

Posted by "Guendisch, Dieter" <di...@sap.com>.
Florian meant that you should make sure that your CMIS clients should
utilize cookies (not your Loadbalancer).
If the CMIS clients do not use cookies, then every single request might
end up in a new http session.