Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vasant Kumar <va...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/01 15:18:14 UTC

Migrating from Tomcat 3.XX to Tomcat 4.0

HI All

I m using Tomcat 3.2.2 on W2k. My web application is working fine in T3. I have down loaded the installation(.exe) version of T4.

I have these few questions. These problems might have been addressed previously but I would appreciate anyone forwarding those mails or directing how I can find those.

1. When I try to run my application through the T4 it is [u]not able to find the beans[/u]. My app is intalled outside the T4 root. It is executing the jsps.

2. [b]/manager[/b] context: I create context sucessfully through this, but it is [u]not updating the server.xml[/u]. Do I have to make any settings other than creating a user/pwd with manager role?

3. Is using the /manager to create new context is the right way? Is it stable? Or manually editing the server.xml. is the recommended way?

Thanks
Vasant
This message has been posted through the Jakarta Tomcat 4.0 F.A.Q.
on line forum, and can be seen at:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=7>
For more informations about the on-line Jakarta forums, please go to:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/>