Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Newman, John W" <ne...@upmc.edu> on 2007/08/03 15:22:53 UTC

How many webapps on one instance? How to tell when to add another?

Ok ok i know this is very much not a one size fits all sort of question,
but I'm just wondering what those out there have.  How many webapps do
you have per instance?  What is recommended (one, three, 10, 40 i have
no idea) ?  Hardware specs are probably about the norm these days, 2 G
of ram dual processor etc.

How were you able to realize you needed to add a second?  Right now we
have 6 smaller CRUD like applications on there, trying to get a feel for
whether or not I need to start messing with the servers again.

Thanks
john