Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Ferrer, Eric" <er...@transcore.com> on 2006/04/06 21:57:39 UTC

Table Locking Question

I have this process that collects data from an external resource and
then loads the data into several database tables.

It appears that under heavy load, I am unable to access data from those
tables unless they are views with NOLOCK defined.

I am using SQL Server 2005 database where the help documentation states
that the default hint for select statements is defined with HINT of
NOLOCK.

Could OJB be causing the lock?  I assume it is because I can access the
table data via the application once the insert statements finishes
execution and a call to release the connection back to the pool has been
executed

Config Information:

ConnectionFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFacto
ryDBCPImpl

ConnectionManagerClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManag
erImpl

LockManagerClass=org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManagerDefaultImpl

LockMapClass=org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.InMemoryLockMapImpl

LockTimeout=60000

ImplicitLocking=true

LockAssociations=WRITE

Thanks