Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Piotr PapaƂa <pp...@pnet.pl> on 2005/04/07 01:50:13 UTC

Is BCEL working with Java 1.5? Metrics tools?

Hello,

I am trying to develop some code metrics tool using BCEL,
so I have a couple simple question about BCEL.

1) Is BCEL working with Java 1.5 properly? What about new
   code structures in Java 1.5?
   I have tested BCEL for some simple code with new syntax in Java 1.5,
   but I am not sure that BCEL will work fine for all new syntax.

2) Did you try to write code metrics tool using BCEL?
   I would like to count some simple metrics and CK code metrics.
   That would be great if you have any comments about that.

   I have also tried Metrics tool (metrics.sf.net) which is a very good
   tool, but it has to work in Eclipse IDE (as a plugin). I am searching
   for good metric tool that could be run without Eclipse, especialy
   using Ant tool.

I am gratfull for any help from you. Please, feel free to write to me.

Best regards,
Peter