Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de> on 2013/01/11 17:01:37 UTC

Problems with installation / How to completely remove OM

Hi all,
following one of the recent installation how-tos for OM2
(https://cwiki.apache.org/OPENMEETINGS/tutorials-related-to-openmeetings.data/Installing%20OM2.x%20On%20Debian64%20-%20Headless.pdf),
I encountered some problems which I can't solve myself (and for which I
haven't found a solution in the net). Let me first state the context,
then what I did:

OS: Debian  6.0.6
OM: apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.0.0.r1361497-14-07-2012_1108.tar.gz
<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/openmeetings/2.0-incubating/apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.0.0.r1361497-14-07-2012_1108.tar.gz>
(pre-compiled)

What I did:
- Downloaded, compiled, and installed all of the libraries and programs
extending the functionality of OM (e.g., SWF, FFMpeg, etc.)
- Downloaded and configured red5 with mySQL support as described
- started red5 without any problems
- installed openmeetings without any (visible) problems (installation
successful)
- started the application via the link shown on "installation
successful" page (or http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/)
- Problem: the application loads forever, and I never reach the
login-dialog, no db tables where created in OM db

Tried problem solutions
1. in my initial configuration I forgot to set the right
(mysql-)persistence-file, so I stopped red5 -> set the right file and
permissions -> started red5
-> db tables where created, but the problem persisted. Now I got the
message that "OpenMeetings - Loading ... The server is not yet
completely initialized. ...".

2. I tried to re-install OM by:
- deleting all created tables from the db
-> I got the message that "OpenMeetings - Loading ... The server is not
yet completely initialized. ...". No db-tables, after another try to
call install page, were created

3. I tried to re-install OM by:
- using a novel red5 directory (thought the old one got modified by
installation)
-> I got the message that "OpenMeetings - Loading ... The server is not
yet completely initialized. ...". No db-tables, after another try to
call install page, were created

Hmmm, that's where I'm stuck right now!

In case you don't have a clue what the problem might be, as a first
step, it would be extremely helpful to know how to completely remove the
persistence file right away. Maybe, that the issue, but I can't check.

Any help is highly appreciated!

A good one to the group,
Rene'
--

~~~~~~~
*Dr.-Ing. Rene' Rosenbaum

Re: Problems with installation / How to completely remove OM

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I propose to
1 drop db and run web installer one more time
Or
2 use commandline admin and do the same

While installing please check openmeetings.log to be notified about errors
(if any).

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Problems with installation / How to completely remove OM

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Hi Stephan,