Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gareth Cronin <ga...@kiwiplan.co.nz> on 2004/02/17 21:54:53 UTC

Multiproject jar:install when the jars have never been deployed

We normally do a "multiproject:jar:install" to build the latest version
of all our jars/projects using Reactor. This works fine until... we
increment the version number for all the projects. The multiproject goal
fails because it can't find the dependencies, but the dependencies are
exactly what we want the multiproject to build! Is there any way to do
this without having to manually go through each project in the usual
Reactor-specified order and do a jar:install?

Thanks,

Gareth.

Re: Multiproject jar:install when the jars have never been deployed

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Create a project with no dependencies to be the 'multiproject' project.

This is currently a known failing of maven and the reactor in that
projects need to have dependencies satisfied before they are processed.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting