Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com> on 2011/06/02 13:23:13 UTC

Re: MEP.InOptionalOut correct behavior for exchange bodies?

Hi,

I was unaware that you are using transactions, and yes, you are right that
transaction failure cannot be propagated back to the main route from the
over wiretap sub-route.

What I would recommend in this case is that you use a processor that does
something similar by creating a producerTemplate and sending the payload to
a subroute using a producerTemplate.requestBody(). Since you will get back
an response in this case. You can then verify if everything went ok and
commit/rollback your transaction.

This can be do in a pretty straightforward way.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com
CamelOne 2011: http://fusesource.com/camel2011