Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul <pv...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 21:23:21 UTC

Re: CGI based WebDAV client and Transfer-Encoding: Chunked issue

Thanks for your responses,

I am now having troubles with getting the entire file that is being
sent to the server and knowing when the entire file has arrived.  What
I have noticed is that for larger files (ex greater than 90,000
characters) when I use "cin.seek(0, ios::end);" to find the end of the
file, I only get a size of around 66,000 characters.  If I put the
cin.seek in a loop, I will get the entire file, but I don't know when
to stop waiting for more parts to the file since there can be a delay
between the different chunks arriving at the server.

@Andre I have not looked into mod_dav because I would imagine that
would require pretty much a complete re-write of the program. As for
sending a header asking the client not to use chunked
transfer-encoding, that is an interesting idea that I will look into,
but if I can modify the program to work with chunked data that would
be preferable.

Again, thanks for the help,
- Paul