Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Thomas Lloyd <th...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/09 06:11:40 UTC

Compiling on 8.04 and package to install on 10.04

Hi Guys,

Can I package rivet up on Ubuntu 8.04 into a deb and then install it on
10.04 or is that very bad practise. They are both using tcl 8.4 as
default?

Still no joy on 10.04 with compiling.

Tom

Re: Compiling on 8.04 and package to install on 10.04

Posted by David Welton <da...@dedasys.com>.
> Can I package rivet up on Ubuntu 8.04 into a deb and then install it on
> 10.04 or is that very bad practise. They are both using tcl 8.4 as
> default?

I think it's best to use something more recent, unfortunately...

Maybe you could ask on comp.lang.tcl and involve a wider set of people?

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/