Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> on 2002/09/09 22:44:18 UTC

memory leak in apr_bucket_alloc...

     Has anybody else noticed a memory leak when requesting pages less
than 8k?  If I repeatedly request pages less than 8k I have noticed that
apr_bucket_alloc() calls allocator_alloc() which seems to continuously
malloc() memory rather than finding it in the free list.  The reason why
is because allocator->max_index seems to always be 0 and contain no free
nodes.  If I request pages greater than 8k, allocator->max_index appears
to be 2.  I can't seem to figure out why the  bucket allocator passed in
by apr_bucket_alloc always contains a max_index of 0 on small page
requests.  Any ideas?

thanks,
Brad

Brad Nicholes