Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todor Boev <t....@prosyst.bg> on 2009/04/23 11:29:35 UTC

Stripping the ant part from the maven ant tasks

Hi,
I am working on a requirement to resolve and download the transitive closure of
a set of maven artifacts. The plan is to use a pom.xml with
"<packaging>pom</packaging>". That pom will contain the set of artifacts as
dependencies together with some repository definitions from where the artifacts
can be downloaded. Than I need to pass this pom into my software and do the
maven magic. I can't use maven itself - what I need are the pieces of maven that
  parse poms, resolve artifact dependencies and download from repositories.

I discovered that the maven ant tasks do exactly this job. They ant tasks jar
contains the relevant pieces of Maven plus relatively little Ant code to set it
all up and give it a pom.xml. Perfect! Except I don't need ant either - I need
to do the whole process programatically with no other files involved than the
initial pom.xml. I need to pass the Proxy configuration to the maven wagon
directly for example. So I set out to extract just the "dependencies" ant task
and than I plan to strip all Ant code to obtain the "pure" importer logic.

But before I do all that I am asking you good people if there is an easier way -
    - has someone done this before?
- is there a single Jar out there that contains the relevant pieces of Maven in
pure form that is intended for programmatic use?

Cheers,
Todor

Re: Stripping the ant part from the maven ant tasks

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
You now know all that I know

Posted by Todor Boev <t....@prosyst.bg>.
10x