Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tomasz Nazar <To...@ii.uni.wroc.pl> on 2005/05/09 19:34:03 UTC

Feature wanted: autocomplete attribute for html:text/form tags

Hi there! First time on the list. Hope this is the right place.

AJAX technology became so popular I started using it. Tried to achieve
the same thing as Google Suggest has.

Problem when using Struts comes: <html:text> doesn't have 'autocomplete'
attribute. (this is not in HTML spec, but IE, Firefox, Mozilla
implements it).

This thread by Ted Husted also describes the problem:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06383.html

Some generic 'options' attribute might be fine to me and possibly for
others.

What do you think? Or I missed sth and it is possible with Sturts..

Kind regards,
Tomasz Nazar

--
  _i______'simplicity_is_the_key'__________tomasz_nazar
  _ii____'i_am_concern_oriented'__________________iiuwr

Re: Feature wanted: autocomplete attribute for html:text/form tags

Posted by Tomasz Nazar <To...@ii.uni.wroc.pl>.
On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 01:39:04PM -0400, Dave Newton wrote:
> Tomasz Nazar wrote:
>
> >Problem when using Struts comes: <html:text> doesn't have 'autocomplete'
> >attribute. (this is not in HTML spec, but IE, Firefox, Mozilla
> >implements it).
> >

> That doesn't have anything to do with Google Suggest; the "autocomplete"
> you're talking about deals with the browser caching form values by input
> tag name/id. IOW, the 'autocomplete' property doesn't magickally
> implement "Suggest"-like features.
>
> Dave

Hmm ;), really?

Of course I've implemented sth like Google Suggest, and I need to turn
the autocomplete feature of the browser off... like the GoogleSuggest does.

Otherwise you'll end with two combos going down, and this is ugly and
distracting having to things that "complete" words.

Problem is I don't know (can't) how to achieve:
<input type="text" autocomplete="off"...

using Struts' <html:text ..

Is it clear now?

Regards,
Tomasz Nazar