Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/08/25 23:09:33 UTC

[Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Trivial Update of "VelocityFAQ" by NathanBubna

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-velocity Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by NathanBubna:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/VelocityFAQ

    - try rewriting a few pages, using loops instead of repeatedly calling velocimacros

  Remember, Velocity doesn't compile your templates.  They are parsed into an AST (abstract syntax tree) and that is what gets cached.  So, reducing template complexity will shrink the tree and produce immediate memory savings.  For loops and (java) "tools" are simpler than velocimacros. (Nathan Bubna & Bruno Carle)
+
  [[BR]]
   * Q: How can i access my object's public fields in my templates?
   * A: Currently, you have three options: