Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com> on 2003/06/04 12:35:10 UTC

How to get back to mother page after popup

Hi,

Just created a tree-selector component to be used from a popup(link) window.
Im wondering about the following however.
Once I do submit on the selector it will go to the appropriate listener
from there I can do some processing and then I'll have to fire off the
originating mother-page again.
1. So the page reply is NOT supposed to go back to the popup window
(that just stays where it is, or I send back an empty version) AND,
2. the original mother window must be re-filled with the newly rendered
page.

The 1 seems to be a matter of *cycle.setPage("TreePageComponentName");*
The thing that eludes me however is how to get back to the mother-window
waiting to be re-rendered!

If anybody could help me out here it would be much appreciated.

Once the above is ok I want to run the tree by tsvetelin from tacos
before releasing it. Maybe some of the bits are usefull for others as well.

TIA,
Fermin DCG

Re: How to get back to mother page after popup

Posted by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com>.
Absolutely no worries at all,

I appreciate (as do many others I reckon) the effort being put in
Tapestry for it allows me to do stuff otherwise not as easily
accomplished. Hopefully the tree will come together quickly so that I
can make a contribution back.
So if a q gets answered later or somewhat more alternative? ... shrug ...

C'm on yr writing a book, (probably looking at a self-imposed deadline
as well), doing the 3.0 beta stuff and whatever else. Assuming y'r human
  I can only say thx 4 taking the time to answer at all.

Obviously the Q still stands but I'll just go on until I figure it out.

Cheers
Fermin DCG

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

--