Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/19 22:10:39 UTC

How to decommission a node in MR cluster

Hi,

I'm running hadoop 2.2.0,  and I have one node which only has NodeManager
running(not a data node), now I want to decommission it from MR cluster and
followed below steps

1. add node to the file(yarn.resourcemanager.nodes.exclude-path in
yarn-site.xml)
2. run "yarn rmadmin -refreshNodes"

But nothing happened, what's wrong here?

Thanks

--
--Anfernee

Re: How to decommission a node in MR cluster

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
No, it's strange I cannot see anything in yarn-resourcemanager.log

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.
Do you get any error log?

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: How to decommission a node in MR cluster

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.
Do you get any error log?

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: How to decommission a node in MR cluster

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.
Do you get any error log?

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: How to decommission a node in MR cluster

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.
Do you get any error log?

--
Regards