Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2010/12/13 14:32:50 UTC

Maven Plugin Development - mvn release:prepare

Hi to all,

currently i'm working on a plugin which will check the entries in the
POM to be sure some of them have more or less good values...(cause we
have faced ofter problems with that).

In particular scm (developerConnection and connection)...I currently
simply check against svn info output....

But know i faced up with the situation that during a mvn release:prepare
a project which contains my checking plugin (just in the pom in the
validate phasae).

I will allways get the message like this:

[INFO] [INFO] Scanning the projects...
[INFO] [INFO] ...
[INFO] [INFO] not a working copy....

That means that somewhere during the release:prepare a new project
location will be created (assuming in the target folder) which does not
contain .svn information....

The question is now:

Does exist a possibility to get around that kind of problem ? May be
some special handling in the Mojo (some kind of checkings?) or what ever
to be aware of beeing this state of release:prepare cycle ?

May someone has a good idea ?

Many thanks in advance...
Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de