Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Ungcharoen, Kevin" <Ke...@Tallan.com> on 2003/04/04 00:35:40 UTC

Lateral

Hi I am trying to use the LTCP for my caching system. I did some testing on
2 servers but it didn't seem to work. I am probably missing something. Any
pointer would be appreciated.

- I have this piece of code on server 1 :

  JCS cache = JCS.getInstance("testCache");
  cache.put("key", "cache testing");

And I have this part in my cache.ccf file on the server 1

  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP
  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=10.252.2.38:7110
  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=7111
  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=false

- I have this piece of code on server 2 :

  JCS cache = JCS.getInstance("testCache");
  String value = (String)cache.get("key");
  System.out.println("The value in cache is " + value);

And I have this part in my cache.ccf file on the server 2

  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP
  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=10.252.2.38:7111
  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=7110
  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=false

So from what I understand, when that piece of code on server 1 is called, it
should also laterally cache the testCache on to the server 2. And hence that
piece of code on server 2 should print out "The value in cache is "cache
testing" " ... but it doesn't. The log doesn't indicate any attempt to
laterally broadcast the cache from server 1 to server 2.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin