Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2018/12/22 00:24:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite 1.18.0 released

The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Calcite 1.18.0.

Calcite is a dynamic data management framework. Its cost-based
optimizer converts queries, represented in relational algebra,
into executable plans. Calcite supports many front-end languages
and back-end data engines, and includes an SQL parser and the
Avatica JDBC driver.

With over 200 commits from 36 contributors, this is the largest
Calcite release ever. To the SQL dialect, we added JSON functions and
linear regression functions, and the WITHIN GROUP clause for aggregate
functions; there is a new utility to recommend lattices based on past
queries, and improvements to expression simplification, the SQL
advisor, and the Elasticsearch and Apache Geode adapters. For more
details, see the release notes:

  https://calcite.apache.org/docs/history.html#v1-18-0

The release is available here:

   https://calcite.apache.org/downloads/

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at

   https://calcite.apache.org

Julian Hyde, on behalf of the Apache Calcite Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite 1.18.0 released

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Thank you so much for shepherding this release and getting it out, Julian!

Francis

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.
Thanks for serving as RM yet again Julian! Now that the release is out and
we have some slower time during the holidays, I'll ping INFRA about the
voluntary migration to the new git server.

--
Michael Mior
mmior@apache.org