Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Hoang, Hai" <Ha...@coair.com> on 2002/03/13 16:33:19 UTC

Torque Generated Classes

I really like the idea of having separated the business object and business
object manager into to separated classes for each table.  For example, for a
user table you can have the following classes:

Interface User
Interface UserManager
Class UserImp implements User
Class UserManagerImpl implements UserManager

Where User contains getter/setter methods and UserManager manages the User
class and its relationship.  I am wandering why torque is not follows this
design pattern?  The advantage for this design is decoupling. You can change
the persistent layer for whatever reason and all you've to do is
re-implement the UserManagerImpl class.  In fact, I see some of the above
idea was implemented in the security service.

Also, is it worth for me to implement this feature in torque by letting the
UserManagerImpl uses the base/peer classes generated by torque currently.
Since I am new to torque, is there another way to accomplish the same thing?

Hai Hoang