Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2004/04/25 17:56:29 UTC

RE: ant2html with support for macrodef? (was... RE: Article: Use Jython to Write Ant Tasks)

At 03:09 PM 4/24/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Attached is my version of ant2html.  It is based on
>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-antxsl/, which, like
>you, I found to
>do the basic work nicely but ...  I renamed it so it will not conflict
>with the original.
>You will need to reference wfrant2html.xsl to use it.  I added the support
>for macrodef
>but not scriptdef.  I also fiddled with the formatting a little but it is
>not up to what I
>would really like.  When I have some time I will try to do more with the
>formatting.  I
>will try to add scriptdef support this weekend and make it available to
>you as soon as it
>is ready.
>
>Thanks.  Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for providing file.  However, I tried it out under Mozilla (recent
nightly version) and all I get is a frameset with no content.  Mozilla
successfully renders the original file other than the issue I brought up
previously with the literal rendering of "&nbsp;".  What did you use to
test your modifications?  IE, the Ant <style> task?  I'm not sure whether
this is an issue with a bug in Mozilla's XSLT engine or something in the
XSLT itself.  If you could try it in Mozilla, that would be great.

Jake

Posted by Bill Rich <bi...@attglobal.net>.
Hi Jake,  Sorry about the copyright.  No it does not make sense to have it on this file.
This is what happens when you get in a hurry and just copy without reading what you copy.
All I wanted on there was that I modified the file and to give credit to the original.

I went to the IBM site to get another copy of the file to see what the real differences
were and I found a completely different file there this time.  Now I am puzzled as to
where I got the original file I modified.

I have Mozilla 1.6 on one of my machines and I tried it and got the same result you
reported.  It must be IE specific scripting in the file that causes this to happen.  I
would be very happy to get the file so it works on both IE and Mozilla.

wrt the nbsp problem you mentioned, I did not get that in the original file I downloaded
but this time I do get it in both Mozilla and IE.  To get around it I just replaced all
the '&amp;nbsp;' with ' ' in the file.  It only seems to affect the navigation frames
anyway.

Thanks.  Bill

Bill Rich
Wilandra Consulting LLC
1325 Addiewell Place
San Jose, CA  95120-3905
phone:      +1 408 268-2452
mobile:     +1 408 410-9713
Santa Cruz: +1 831 464-9007
fax:        +1 413 669-9716
billrich@wilandra.com or billrich@attglobal.net
http://www.wilandra.com

>>Attached is my version of ant2html.  It is based on
>>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-antxsl/, which, like
>>you, I found to
>>do the basic work nicely but ...  I renamed it so it will not conflict
>>with the original.
>>You will need to reference wfrant2html.xsl to use it.  I added the
>>support for macrodef
>>but not scriptdef.  I also fiddled with the formatting a little but it is
>>not up to what I
>>would really like.  When I have some time I will try to do more with the
>>formatting.  I
>>will try to add scriptdef support this weekend and make it available to
>>you as soon as it
>>is ready.
>>
>>Thanks.  Bill
>
>Hi Bill,
>
>Thanks for providing file.  However, I tried it out under Mozilla (recent
>nightly version) and all I get is a frameset with no content.  Mozilla
>successfully renders the original file other than the issue I brought up
>previously with the literal rendering of "&nbsp;".  What did you use to
>test your modifications?  IE, the Ant <style> task?  I'm not sure whether
>this is an issue with a bug in Mozilla's XSLT engine or something in the
>XSLT itself.  If you could try it in Mozilla, that would be great.

Shortly after I sent this, I realized that there is scripting which is IE
specific.  I think I will try to convert this to work for both IE and
Mozilla and post the result back to the list.  BTW, I noticed you added a
copyright to the file.  Does that make sense when the original code was
written by someone else and you just added to it?  I'm no expert on
copyright law so let me know my question is a silly one.

Jake

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.