Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Radvan <ja...@imperiumglobal.com> on 2001/12/18 14:48:15 UTC

problem with JDBC on Tomcat 4 and DB2 7

Hi all,

I've spent a lot of time trawling the web for an answer to this, I'm hoping
someone can help.
I've installed Tomcat 4 and DB2 v.7 to run Jive forums and some custom
webapps. The problem I have is that the db2jdbc.dll is being loaded by the
first classloader to access it, and is thereafter unavailable to other
webapps. For example, when I start Tomcat and run the forum, it works fine.
If I then try and load a JSP in another webapp that accesses my DB2
instance, I get:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native
Library D:\development\SQLLIB\bin\db2jdbc.dll already loaded in another
classloader

If I do it in the reverse order, the first webapp works fine and the second
fails with the same error. I have run the usejdbc2.bat and the drivers seem
to be loading fine. How do I ensure that Tomcat can either a. share the .dll
amongst webapps, or b. assign an individual copy of the .dll to each webapp?

-----------------------
James Radvan
e-Business Engineer
james@imperiumglobal.com
+44 7990 624899

RE: problem with JDBC on Tomcat 4 and DB2 7

Posted by James Radvan <ja...@imperiumglobal.com>.
I figured it out.  I had the JDBC drivers too far down the Classloader
hierarchy - in the webapp/lib folder.  moving them up into the common/lib
folder solved it - now all webapps can access the drivers.

James Radvan
e-Business Engineer
james@imperiumglobal.com
+44 7990 624899