Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Satinder Singh <hi...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/04 13:20:39 UTC

QuerySenderListener : newSearcher

Hi,
    I am working on handling OOM condition in my Solr setup. On
browsing solr 5.3.0 code, I came across file
"solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/core/QuerySenderListener.java".
Method newSearcher() in this file calls request hanlders:
getCore().execute(getCore().getRequestHandler(req.getParams().get(CommonParams.QT)),
req, rsp);

I see that this method catches all exceptions and do nothing. I think
this method gets called when I query solr and in case of OOM in a
request handler it will consume OOM exception and thus oom script
given in command line will not get called.

Is my understanding of this code is correct?

How about we throw OOM exception in this part?

Regards,
satti

Re: QuerySenderListener : newSearcher

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.