Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by factor <fa...@yandex.ru> on 2019/07/09 07:51:52 UTC

What's the difference between using the ActiveMQ failover and masterslave transport prefix network of brokers?

I don't understand the difference between static and masterslave transport
prefix a network of brokers.

In documentation https://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

A common configuration option for a network of brokers is to establish a
network bridge between a broker and an n+1 broker pair (master/slave).
Typical configurations involve using the failover: transport, but there are
a some other non-intuitive options that must be configured for it to work as
desired. For this reason, ActiveMQ v5.6+ has a convenience discovery agent
that can be specified with the masterslave: transport prefix

So what exactly is the difference between these prefixes, where can I read
it?