Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Guy Doulberg <Gu...@conduit.com> on 2013/11/29 00:23:46 UTC

Oozie job stops the jobtracker

Hi guys

I am facing a problem with my production oozie. I was wondering if someone encountered something similar.

Whenever I submit a workflow using oozie, the job-tracker queue  is getting stuck.

These  are the symptoms:
1. after submitting oozie workflow,  submitting other jobs (oozie and not oozie) to the  same job tracker queue fails
2. submitting jobs to other job-trackers queue works
3. A job is being submitted but is being stuck  in initialized mode, the job of the first oozie action and any other job that is submitted to the queue afterwards.
4. browsing the queue details from the web doesn’t work, but the JT web interface works
5. The action is getting job_id when trying to get info about this if, the web inerface doesn't respond
6. The log of oozie doesn't tell something of significant
7. The job tracker logs don't tell something is wrong
8. We didn't change anything in the oozie and the cluster in the days prior to this event, and it just started happening
9. This issue is very consistent, it happens for every workflow

The oozie/hadoop version I am running is CDH4.1.2
Mapreduce1

Thanks,
Guy Doulberg
Data Infra Team leader @ Conduit