Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2015/02/16 15:43:18 UTC

PerformanceEvaluation: filterScan

Any one tries this recently?

hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation --nomapred --rows=100
filterScan 3

I let it run for 30 minutes and killed it. 0 requets against the table, 649
requests against the META.

Seems to not be working anymore. Did not get a chance to look at the code
yet. Will look at the other options of PE against 1.0.0.

JM

Re: PerformanceEvaluation: filterScan

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.
I am seeing that if I run scanRange with multiThreads  (for eg : 25) it is
never ending. The reason may be that for every thread we try to form start
and stop row for every row in the input list.

So for measuring the latency for RangeScan10000Test it is better for us to
calculate the time per thread per scan operation and then do an average
ourselves.

Regards
Ram

Posted by Jerry He <je...@gmail.com>.