Posted to commits@openoffice.apache.org by co...@apache.org on 2012/09/01 20:25:00 UTC

[CONF] Apache OpenOffice Community > 2012 Sept

Space: Apache OpenOffice Community (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS)
Page: 2012 Sept (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2012+Sept)

Edited by David Fisher:
OpenOffice (was OpenOffice.org)

OpenOffice entered incubation 2011-06-13
OpenOffice is an open-source, office-document productivity suite providing
six productivity applications based around the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
OpenOffice is released on multiple platforms. Its localizations support
have supported 110 languages worldwide.

Most Important Items To Address Toward Graduation

1. Continued review of distributed articles to ensure compliance with ASF policy.
2. We are discussing the makeup of the future PMC.

We expect to graduate in the next quarter.

Issues for IPMC or ASF Board Awareness

None at this time.

Community Development/Outreach Progress

Since our last report we have voted in XX new Committers/PPMC members.

Since our last report, X committer/PPMC members have resigned

We have improved to act more as a self organized project to address
and solve project related topics (e.g. forum moderation)

We are more putting effort into addressing trademark and third-party
distribution requests. Ongoing emphasis as to how to accommodate and track
these requests is becoming an important concern.

We are increasing our global reach by recruiting volunteers to help update
and maintain the large set of native language home pages

Project Development Progress

We released Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 on August 23, 2012. This release included:

Official Source tarballs in English
Six different client platform convenience install versions in 19 languages
Software development kit packaging for 5 platforms
Language packs for 19 languages
Over XXXX downloads the first week.

A summary of downloads for the installs can be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stats/timeline

The build artifacts in this last source release do not strictly follow guidelines as
some secondary downloads access svn.a.o. This has been fixed in trunk.

Testing and implementation of old update service for OpenOffice has been
accomplished. This service is for older OpenOffice clients to identify
updates and, optionally, install an update if available. Older versions of OpenOffice
are problematic when turned on created a DDOS attack on www.apache.org which we
regret.

Community support forums remain popular with users but registration seems
to have stabilized. The ooo-users list also is quite active. As Apache
OpenOffice is a client product, we continue to investigate ways to direct
users to appropriate support venues.

The developer list, ooo-dev, now has XXX subscribers and is very active
with post averaging about XXX per day

Change your notification preferences: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewnotifications.action