Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Winkler <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/22 01:34:18 UTC

Form is not submited - nothing happens?!?

Hi,
I am trying to submit a form. I have the following
things:
struts-config.xml:
<action
  path="/finishPickActionMulti"

type="com.sap.cr.mima.warehouse.struts.actions.FinishPickMultiAction"
  name="warehouseForm"
  scope="session"
  validate="true"
  input="/multi/pick_multi.jsp">
  <forward name="failure" path="/error-pick.jsp"/>
  <forward name="success" path="/multi/box_scan.jsp"/>
</action>

jsp:
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"
prefix="c"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld"
prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld"
prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/mima-xv.tld" prefix="xv" %>

<xv:head title="Warehouse Picker" pageTitle="Order"
onLoadFocus="submit" textPrompt="Picking Process"
onLoadVoicePrompt="" />

<script type="text/javascript" >

  function submitFunction(){
    alert("test");
    document.warehouseForm.submit();
  }
</script>
focus="submit">
    <xv:message inputId="submit" submit="true"
prompt="Done with box." />
</xv:head>

>From my xv:message tag the JS-function
submitFunction() is being called but the submit is not
being done. I want to submit the 'warehousForm'. This
is the name of the form that appears in the final html
page.
When I call this jsp-page I do not get any error
messages. What is the best place to start to look for
the 'error'?

Thanks,
Matthias

HttpSession size - is this code correct?

Posted by "Khalid K." <gr...@maikada.com>.
Hi,

I am trying to dertemine the size of the session object,
I've looked around and have written the following, please let me if this
is correct.

	Enumeration e = session.getAttributeNames();
	ByteArrayOutputStream  bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
	ObjectOutputStream s = new ObjectOutputStream(bos);

	while (e.hasMoreElements()) {
		Object o = session.getAttribute((String)
e.nextElement());
		s.writeObject(o);
		s.flush();
	}
	System.err.println("size = " + bos.size());

---