Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Camel Guy <ca...@devguy.com> on 2014/07/18 18:32:50 UTC

camel-spark-rest

Hello,

The spark-rest component looks awesome but I don't see a way to change the
port # or specify authentication details as with camel-restlet. Are those
details deferred to tomcat or jetty config?

And the question everyone hates: Is there an estimated 2.14.0 release date?
I can't wait to use camel-spark-rest!

Thanks,

~cg

Re: camel-spark-rest

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 July 2014 01:42, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is changing slightly as part of the Rest DSL being part of camel-core.
>> This DSL allows you to configure port number and other details.
>>
>> Ooh, is this related to CAMEL-7354
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7354>?

Yeah that is correct.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: camel-spark-rest

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: camel-spark-rest

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Camel Guy <ca...@devguy.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The spark-rest component looks awesome but I don't see a way to change the
> port # or specify authentication details as with camel-restlet. Are those
> details deferred to tomcat or jetty config?

This is changing slightly as part of the Rest DSL being part of camel-core.
This DSL allows you to configure port number and other details.

Though its just a facade, so you can always configure it the native
way on Spark itself.

There is also a Spark Tomcat example that shows how to use it in a
servlet container.

> And the question everyone hates: Is there an estimated 2.14.0 release date?
> I can't wait to use camel-spark-rest!

After the summer vacation, in Q3 sometime.

Also mind that the new Rest DSL will be integrated with other rest
components such as camel-restlet, and what others we have time to
integrate.

But yeah Spark Rest is a nice little rest framework. A shame currently
its so static tied to Jetty and not so embedable. But see the tickets
on github about that for that particular project.

--
Claus Ibsen