Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com> on 2009/12/17 20:05:48 UTC

Possible Party Relationship Problem?

Hi Guys,

I was trying to work out how to create a relationship between a user and
a company but I am getting an error - I am not a 100% sure if its my
error in selecting the wrong stuff or if its a bug so a little bit of
help would be great!

First go to this page -
https://demo.ofbiz.org/partymgr/control/EditPartyRelationships?partyId=DemoCustAgent
then in the "Add other party relationship" select
- in the role of = Sales Representative
- is A = Employee
- From Party ID = DemoCustCompany
- in the role of = Manufacturer
everything should be blank and then click Submit

I get the following error:
ERROR: Could not complete the createPartyRelationship
[file:/demo/deployments/demo-20091217-0306/applications/party/script/org/ofbiz/party/party/PartyServices.xml#createPartyRelationship]
process [problem creating the newEntity value: Error while inserting:
[GenericEntity:PartyRelationship][comments,null()][createdStamp,2009-12-17
12:56:36.512(java.sql.Timestamp)][createdTxStamp,2009-12-17
12:56:36.343(java.sql.Timestamp)][fromDate,2009-12-17
12:56:36.493(java.sql.Timestamp)][lastUpdatedStamp,2009-12-17
12:56:36.512(java.sql.Timestamp)][lastUpdatedTxStamp,2009-12-17
12:56:36.343(java.sql.Timestamp)][partyIdFrom,DemoCustCompany(java.lang.String)][partyIdTo,DemoCustAgent(java.lang.String)][partyRelationshipTypeId,EMPLOYMENT(java.lang.String)][roleTypeIdFrom,MANUFACTURER(java.lang.String)][roleTypeIdTo,SALES_REP(java.lang.String)][statusId,null()][thruDate,null()]
(SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO
OFBIZ.PARTY_RELATIONSHIP (PARTY_ID_FROM, PARTY_ID_TO, ROLE_TYPE_ID_FROM,
ROLE_TYPE_ID_TO, FROM_DATE, THRU_DATE, STATUS_ID, RELATIONSHIP_NAME,
SECURITY_GROUP_ID, PRIORITY_TYPE_ID, PARTY_RELATIONSHIP_TYPE_ID,
PERMISSIONS_ENUM_ID, POSITION_TITLE, COMMENTS, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP,
LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP, CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP) VALUES (?, ?, ?,
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (INSERT on table
'PARTY_RELATIONSHIP' caused a violation of foreign key constraint
'PARTY_REL_FPROLE' for key (DemoCustCompany,MANUFACTURER). The statement
has been rolled back.))]

There are no required fields on that part of the page - the only thing
that is odd is that the drop down box for status does not have any content?

Sorry if this is me being stupid!

Cheers
Sam

Re: Possible Party Relationship Problem?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi David, Scott,

I have commited a related work at r893961

Jacques

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
On Dec 17, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Scott Gray wrote:

> On 18/12/2009, at 12:15 PM, David E Jones wrote:
>

>> Basically it means that the from party is not in the role that you've specified.
>>
>> The original idea with party roles in OFBiz was to not accidentally add parties to roles when a party in a role is referred to somewhere.
>>
>> I've thought a few times that maybe it's not the best idea to do so, and instead whenever a party is implied to be in a role if they are not already then they should be added automatically.
>
> If we did that (which I'm in favor of), what purpose would the PartyRole entity continue to serve?

That's a good question. It would still keep track of which party is in which role... but really that information shouldn't be used alone, ie it should only be used in the context of defining a party's relationship with something else.

-David

Re: Possible Party Relationship Problem?

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.