Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Porfirio Partida Ibarra <po...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 20:01:14 UTC

Can't find reference to an issue fixed in beta9

Hello guys, recently I saw this question in stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18993792/log4j2-root-contains-an-invalid-element-or-attribute/18993870#18993870

By using "Sample 1 / Log4j 2 XML configuration" from the page
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/migration.html we get this error
using the version 2.0-beta8:

ERROR Root contains an invalid element or attribute "AppenderRef"
If you use the 2.0-beta9 the issue is not present. So my concern is if
there is anything documented for this fix, I cannot find anything related
in jira.

Regards

--

Partida Ibarra Porfirio Juan Ignacio

You have to learn the rules of the game, and then you have to play better
than anyone else.. (A. Einstein)..

Re: Can't find reference to an issue fixed in beta9

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for letting us know.

Changes are documented here: http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/changes-report.html

(From the top-left navigation menu: Changelog > manual change log)

I've added a note to the stackoverflow question.

Best regards,
Remko

Sent from my iPhone