Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Dean Fiala <df...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 14:35:35 UTC

Re: Writing to the event

check out http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/config-examples.html
and
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.html#trouble-EventLog

for the basics of configuring logging to the event log and some issues
trying to do it from and ASP.NET application.

The syntax you are proposing to use is a little dubious, but if you
just make a standard call to the logger, the message will get passed
properly.

Passing the eventID requires the use of a property, and there is an
extended discussion here...

http://www.l4ndash.com/Log4NetMailArchive%2Ftabid%2F70%2Fforumid%2F1%2Fpostid%2F14282%2Fview%2Ftopic%2FDefault.aspx

and there is also an extension project that does this for you, though
you may have to rev it to the latest .NET version.

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/example-apps.html

--
Dean Fiala

RockNUG Figurehead