Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Denitsa Burroughs <de...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/02 14:25:56 UTC

CouchDB 3.0 Weekly Update

Hi all,

Here's a weekly update on CouchDB 3.0. Still looking for volunteers to work
on the available issues and/or doc items. Please take a look and let me
know if you can work in any of thise.

*In progress (Owners, please provide an update):*

#1524  <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/1524> Per-document access
control- Jan
#1875 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/1875> Update SpiderMonkey
Version - Peng Hui
#2165 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2165> - Remove
delayed_commits setting - Nick (docs left)

*Available: *
#2177 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2177> Update Fauxton
dependency
#2169 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2169> Remove support for
?stale query parameter in favor of `stable` and `update_after` combo
#2167 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2167> Remove vestiges of
view-based `_changes` feed
#2166 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2166> - Remove
`/{db}/_external/*`
#2115 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2115> Update default config
settings (Q, max_document_size, etc.)
#1428 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/1428>  Migrate to rebar3 or
mix
#1470 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1470> Fix calculation of
external size for attachments - Eric?
#1523 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/1523>  Retire the
node-local interface (port 5986)

   - WIP PR: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/2092

*Discussion items (on ML):*
2191 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2191> Tightening up the
security model
IOQ discussion - Cluster setup does not create IOQ stats database

*Documentation improvements:*
- Proposed deprecations for 3.0, not rebuilt/removed in 4.0
- couch_btree developer docs - Chintan

Thanks!

Deni

Re: CouchDB 3.0 Weekly Update

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Reminder that Jan is still on break and won't be back until next week,
and he's the one who had been spearheading the security tightening
design work.

-Joan

Re: CouchDB 3.0 Weekly Update

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.