Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net> on 2003/10/21 20:16:09 UTC

[docs] ready to attempt an update

I finally deployed a maven site for [io] last night, and have updated
the links in the commons navigation.

After struggling a little while attempting to build the site, I have all
the jars in place and can build successfully.  The changes are in effect
and look good.

So, just to verify that jakarta-commons/BUILD_DOCS.txt is still honest...

I should:
- commit my updates to jakarta-commons/docs
- login to cvs.apache.org
- cd to /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/
- execute 'cvs update'

Does this look correct?

Re: [docs] ready to attempt an update

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

> > So, just to verify that jakarta-commons/BUILD_DOCS.txt is still honest...
> >
> > I should:
> > - commit my updates to jakarta-commons/docs
> > - login to cvs.apache.org
> > - cd to /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/
> > - execute 'cvs update'
> >
> > Does this look correct?

Make sure you commit your xdoc changes too at the same time you commit
docs.

Technically you should log in to jakarta.apache.org or www.apache.org, but
they're the same now, so that's nit-picking :)

Also, do

cvs -n update before you execute cvs update and make sure you're happy
with that happening.

Hen

Re: [docs] ready to attempt an update

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.